samedi 10 janvier 2009

Murphy's law

There's an old saying that goes something like this : "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong!"

Well that's pretty much how I would describe my day so far.

Let's start by saying that since I had a very hard return to work week, I had decided that I would stay in bed this morning as long as I could possibly stand it.

Of course, I would get up to get breakfast ready for the kids but, that would be the extent of it. I had planed to get right back to bed as soon as I could.

Well things didn't quite turn out as I expected.

First, let's mention that I had to work late last night and I also knew I would have some more work to do today. So, in order to make sure the boys go to bed happy and without a fight, they stayed up late and I gave him the right to sleep in my bed. Which meant, that I would have to sleep in William's tiny single bed in return.

But that was ok, I had to get some work done so no fuss possible.

So although I gave it my best, I was too exhausted from my very hectic week to work very late. I couldn't think straight anymore so at about 11:30pm, I had enough and went to bed thinking I would do the rest tomorrow.

So, the kids woke up at their usual early bird time and after rolling in the bed for about half an hour thinking : “They can wait just a little longer”, I had to come to me senses and get out of bed to get breakfast ready.

Oh but that was ok. In half an hour I would be back in bed and better yet, in my own bed... yesss!!!

- Alright guys, what do you want for breakfast?
- I'll take a toast with butter and cheese.
- And I want eggs.
- Eggs, are you sure?
- Oh man, alright!
- Mommy, I want to crack the eggs.

So Matt cracked an egg but, it fell on the wrong side of the casserole. Of course, I couldn't really clean it up right away since the stove was burning hot.

So it's started to burn and stink up the entire house.

Humm, this is not a good sign.

Alright, everyone is set? I'm going back to bed for a little while.

What?!? Wait!!! It's wet.

- WILLIAM!!!! Did you do a pipi in my bed?
- Eh, yes mommy.
- Why didn't you tell me?
- Eh, I don't know.

So I got him new clothes and decided to clean the bed sheets. It's alright, I'll just go back to William's bed after.

But as I started the wash, I realized that my feet were socking wet.

You got to be kidding me!!!

The stupid thing chose today to break down. It must be a hose. I'll wait for Momo to come help me and we'll take a look later.

Well now I'm wide awake.

I guess I'll stay up and start my work so I can finish it as soon as possible and actually get to my, well deserved weekend.

So I connected to work, just to find out that the server that processes my jobs didn't work last night and now, I have nothing to work with.

Shoot... that means that I will have to rush on Monday morning to get this done so I can get to my second project.

Oh did I mention I'm working on 2 projects right now. One that is about to be deployed so I need to make sure all corners have been verified and re-verified so we don't get too many surprises when in production, and the second one is at the very beginning so, I know almost nothing about it and I'm in daily meetings with the clients, to get it started as soon as possible.

So the 2 are at very important stages and the 2 are demanding a lot of my time so, working this weekend was the only way I could have some breathing space next week but, that just went down the drain and the pressure is back to red alert level.

Anyways, nothing I can do about it so, I guess it's the perfect time for my training but, my back is killing me from trying to find a sleeping position to fit as comfortably as possible in such a small bed.

Well, I did it and I took a nice shower so I'm feeling better. My spirit is slowing rising back.

As I was coming out of the shower, my mom and Momo showed up so, I decided this was as good a time as any to take a look at that clothes washer.

After about half an hour of looking and testing we ended up finding the problem. Ok but, where are we going to find this piece? Lucky us, the Rona man that didn't hold this piece gave us an address to go to and sure enough, they had the piece, used, but so is the clothes washer anyways.

It took about 15 minutes to install it and I started the wash again.

Wonderful, no more fountain on the floor!

- Matthew, let's get your homework done. Where is your agenda? It's not in your school bag.
- I don't know.
- Well, how will I know what you have to do?
- I have one English sheet to do.
- Ok, where is your English book? It's not in your school bag.
- I don't know.
- Well thank goodness your name is on them. You will get them back on Monday at school but, that means that you will have to do your homework at daddy's house.
- Ok, let's do the French then. What is the answer to this question?
- I don't know.
- Yes you do. I just explained it to you. You are an extremely smart kid but, you are not paying attention this morning. I'll explain again. Now, what is the answer?
- I don't know.
- Argggg!!! Fine, go to your room and come back went you figured it out.

Alright Izzy, calm down!

So I decided to wash the aquarium. I had meant to do this this weekend anyway. Might as well do it now. It is in real need of a good "whoop up".

So while I'm cleaning it, one of the frogs makes a run for it. Now I'm on my knee trying to catch the silly thing that does not want to make this easy for me and, my back is killing me.

What is that noise?!?!

Oh no, it's the clothes washer. The engine has had enough and we are now hearing a gear scratching sound. I guess it didn't like being shakin' up so early in the morning. It's old and temperamental.

Alrighty then, no chose now. Let's call the repair man.

I guess, I was “lucky” again. because he was here in less then an hour and fixed it quick and easy.

In the meanwhile, all the clothes that were in the wash were socking wet.

So up in the bath they go and I'm squeezing the h*** out of them, wondering if I'm doing this to drain them or to release my frustration?

Well, now the repair man is gone, I'm hurting everywhere and I'm extremely tired.

So I'm sitting my butt down and writing this. Again, releasing my frustration probably?!?

Oh, did I mention Willy has a runny nose. He is most probably starting a cold and that always mean a sleepless night for me.

So for the next few minutes, I'm not moving from here. I'm afraid... I'm very afraid of what will happen next.

Murphy, I don't know you but, I don't particularly like you today.

2 commentaires:

  1. C'est trop drôle. Tu m'avais pas dit pour la grenouille. Les gars devaient être tordus de rire !

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Pauvre toi....y'a des jours comme ça......

    Gigi xox

    RépondreSupprimer